Saturday, February 9, 2008

Marketing and More Marketing

I have been working hard introducing readers to Unholy Domain, my new novel. Basically, I spend all my time marketing. Well, maybe I squeak out 10% of my time writing my next novel. Actually, I have to admit, most of this marketing is fun. Through Amazon, MySpace, Goodreads, Authors Den and the rest, I’ve reached several thousand readers. Touched base with several hundred bookstore managers and a bunch of librarians, too. Eight to ten thousand readers visit my website each month, and I try to keep the experience fresh and interesting. BTW, I recently posted the first chapter of UD to my website, so take a look when you have time.


Other writers have been very supportive, especially given how busy they are. Piers Anthony and David Brin both provided valuable feedback regarding PeaceMaker, my first novel. Piers, Scott Nicholson, Rick Weber and Simon Wood read UD and provided generous reviews. Thanks, guys.


Blogging has been fun, too. Gives me a chance to express my ideas in a variety of areas. Some are humorous, some are very serious.


Hope I have the chance to touch base with you, too.

No comments: